Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Another Sohn boy will be wearing glasses!

We had a scare with Alex yesterday. I took him in for his check up for preschool. During the exam, the Dr. was having trouble getting his right eye to respond like it should to light. He suggested we see an eye specialist for him. When I asked what the problem could be, he told me a few possibilities including retinalblastoma. Jeff and I then proceeded to panic mode! We got him in to the eye Dr. right away and she discovered he has poor vision in his right eye which was the cause for the problem the pediatrician saw. We ordered glasses for him. We were SO thankful that it was nothing major. Alex was such a trooper during the long eye exam. Jeff and I couldn't be more thankful for our wonderful Drs. Jeff and Andy now will be going for exams. Good thing we took the vision insurance this year!
*UPDATE*
Now this afternoon the eye dr. called back and said she would feel 100% all bases were covered if he had a B-Scan. That is an ultrasound over the top of the eye lid. So tomorrow we are seing the retinal specialist at 1:00 for the scan. I asked her if I should lose sleep tonight over it and she said "no". Easier said than done.